Bookmark this page for tournaments, special events, and more.
Whether you’re introducing your little angler-to-be to fishing for the first time, or you love putting your fishing skills up against the very best, Cherokee’s special fishing events keep the season long and lucrative. Check out our Fish Cherokee Facebook page often as new events often pop up, dates change, or new announcements are made.
General fishing waters opening day is always the last Saturday in March. General fishing waters are closed to everyone for two weeks prior to opening day.
September 22, 2022 - December 31, 2024
News & Info
Important information about fishing in Cherokee's Enterprise Waters.
Regular Office Hours:
- M-F, 7:45am-4:30pm (ET)
- Staff do not work during tribal closures, including weekends and holidays.
General Fishing Enterprise Waters:
2024 opening day fish tournament is scheduled for Easter weekend.
- Per Tribal Code, general fishing waters opening day is always the last Saturday in March.
- The 2024 Opening Day Fish Tournament is scheduled for Saturday, March 30th-Sunday, March 31st (2024).
- Tournament registration deadline is 11:59pm on Friday, March 29, 2024.
- General fishing waters are closed to everyone for two weeks prior to opening day (March 16-29, 2024). Trophy fly-fishing waters remain open.
- Fishing is not allowed in general fishing waters when they are closed.
- Refunds will not be issued for erroneously purchased permits due to purchaser error.
- Daily permits ARE available for the trophy trout fly-fishing waters. Both the daily and trophy fly-fishing permits are required for the trophy waters (open year-round).
- Stocking takes place before and after closures.
Trophy Trout Fly-fishing Waters:
- The 2.2 miles of trophy trout fly-fishing enterprise waters on Raven Fork are open year-round.
- This section is catch and release only.
- Daily tribal fishing permit and trophy trout fly-fishing permit required.
Big Cove Ponds:
- Stocking temporarily halted, summer 2023.
- Drought and water intake issues.
- Fish mortality rate is high within ponds.
- Stocking will not take place in ponds until water issues improve.
- Check our Facebook page regularly for more up-to-date information.
- Call 828-359-6960 for additional stocking information.
- 11/7/2023 notice.
For more frequent and up-to-date information:
- Follow us on our Fish Cherokee Facebook page.